hormones after miscarriage/abortion

Leigh
Hello all, 
I'm new to the community (kind of). I'm sure this has been talked about, but I haven't looked through threads. Asking gives me a chance to talk about it myself, and maybe it'll give you a chance to talk about it if you're willing to answer. 
I got pregnant in January, but it didn't show up until March on a pregnancy test. The whole pregnancy was awful. I literally had contractions every single day and stayed in horrendous pain. In April the pregnancy ended and by the end of April we needed to do a D&C which I ended up getting an infection from. 
In May I had my first period since December and it was the worse I had ever had in my life. I've never had period symptoms outside of severe cramps, migraines and heavy bleeding. Those things I can easily handle. This time, it was all of that AND severe depression, anxiety, paranoia, irritability, sadness, numbness, etc. It started two days before my period and went through the entire period. This month it was just as bad if not worse. 
I've never had these issues but most of my aunts and cousins suffer from sever PMS or PMDD and it started after their pregnancies. I'm deathly scared of this being my new reality. 
Please tell me if your experience if you would like. I'd love some tips.