Is this assault on my part?

So my husband got mad at me today and threw gas all over me at the gas station. Afterwards he told me it was my fault because I didn't drop it after he told me I don't do anything for him (I go out and get him food, chew, do his laundry, etc). While driving home, I had not put on my seatbelt yet and he was doing 60 mph and suddenly slammed on the brakes, throwing me against the dash. I immediately put my seatbelt on as he sped up again. He unbuckled my seatbelt and slammed on the brakes again, throwing me against the dash again. I was absolutely terrified. So after we got home, I left, trying to give him some time to cool down. Upon getting home, I was called a stupid dumbass and a dumbass bitch among other things. He lay there in bed and told me how he didn't want "that thing" in my belly. And he said how I was a failure and how I was a piece of shit and literally just about anything else. So of course I was upset and crying, and when I'm upset, I just don't talk to him. Well because I didn't talk to him, he pulled me all across the bed by my hair. I began to get scared again. He is almost 6'3 at about 280lbs and I'm 5'3 at 135lbs. He proceeded to put two fingers in my nostrils and pull my head back. It sounds so stupid but it honestly hurt so bad. And then he tried to shove his finger down into my mouth to choke me so I bit him and he says that I broke his finger... afterwards he grabbed my arm and squeezed tight and said he was going to fuck me up. so can he say I assaulted him??? Or would it be self defense? I don't have any evidence of anything except maybe a bruise on my arm and a tear stained pillow....