Recurrent yeast infection after removal of birth control?

Every month since getting nexplanon removed I've been getting symptoms of a yeast infection. I've been off nexplanon for almost 4 months now and the symptoms has came every single month! It seems like my body just can't get back to normal again. I refuse to go back on birth control just to feel relieved, I shouldn't have too! It feels like the beginning of a yeast infection, I had 2 yeast infections prior to birth control which was much worse than how I feel now. Now it's like a itchiness that's uncomfortable but not unbearable, I can feel inflammation every time my vagina is wiped or touched, yeasty discharge, my vulva is just uncomfortable no urge to itch. That's why I say it feels like the beginning of a yeast infection that doesn't progress, it comes and goes as it pleases. I've been to the doctor twice & each time they give me 2 fluconazole tablets and metronidazole gel. During the treatment I feel amazing but soon as it's finished the symptoms are right back! I've tried taking probiotics daily and even evening primrose oil which is supposed to help get the hormones back on track. If I become too agitated by it I'll stick a female probiotic up my vagina & be fine for about a week. But it returns like always. I'm just fed up, can anybody help me?