gay friend

Ra

I am about to be a sophomore in high school and I have this friend whom I have been with since the 7th grade and I had this crush on him before seventh grade ended but I didn't know he was gay then. This went on for about 6 monthes before I told anyone and then I found out. when I did find out I decided to wait it out till I didn't like him anymore, but I told him because my friend let it slip and I didn't want him him to think that I wanted him to be straight. We were a little awkward after that but not bad, but last year my feelings for him got stronger and his parents found out he is gay and because they are Christians they are against it and now they basically ignore him. He got to the point where he was suicidal. I decided to tell him again. I was trying to let him know that no matter what, I care for him, but it backfired. He started to ignore me and blocked me on everything. He won't even give me a chance to explain. before he blocked me on everything, he put on instagram that his parents were giving him a hard time about being gay and he wanted someone to talk to. I offered and he said he "would rather talk to someone he is closer to." I have known him for three years and we used to be really close, I told my friend what happened and she said he texted her and call me a stalker, a bitch, and a prick. Then he blocked me. Thr next day he pretended like nothing ever happened, but still ignored me. We went through the rest of the school year like this, and know I am starting to get over him. I don't know what to do because more than anything, I just want my friend back. But I don't know how to act to him when school starts up again.