Helicopter mom checking phone: What is appropriate?

Clara • shark week survivor since 11 🦈❣️

I'm 13 and recently got a phone. It was from my dad and stepmom and they laid down normal rules like no phone at table, they can check it, etc etc. They are quite "chill" parents, and I never feel uncomfortable with them around my phone, and they never check it if I'm using it.

My mom and main guardian ,however, is a helicopter parent. She was not going to get me a phone till I was in high school and only "if I needed it". They aren't on the best terms, to be putting it mildly. She will demand to see my phone 3x a week usually and make me sit next to her while she looks through everything. I've expressed my discomfort with it, and I have nothing to hide. She always insists that she's keeping me "safe". I would 100% tell her if anything bad came up too. She won't budge.

The first thing she goes to is my texts and looks through texts from months ago to last

Night. I hardly text anyone besides my mom, dad , and stepmom usually (which usually earns a "huff") Then works her way through everything else.

Finally, the poll question. She told me she will continue to look through my phone till I'm 18, and if I live under her roof AS AN ADULT she has the right to look through it to make sure I'm "not in trouble". I think this is way too far. I'm a total goodie two shoes and never break rules. Is this overkill, and for what age?

strict parents definitely equal rebellious kids...

Please leave your opinion, it would console me to know that I'm overreacting or that she is overreacting.

Vote below to see results!