We ARE rockstars

Li

I'm a first time mom. I'm incredibly lucky; have been with my husband for nearly 11 years, married for 3. Awesome job, awesome family. We always wanted kids, but we were somewhat surprised when I became pregnant as we weren't trying - and then we found out it's TWINS! I am definitely terrified but also feeling so lucky to get to grow these babies and be their mama. I'm so excited to meet them and hold them and love them and raise them. It's exciting to feel them move. I already love them SO MUCH in a way I never knew was possible before.

BUT.

It's also hard to watch my body grow and change. I've always been in pretty decent shape and since it's a multiples pregnancy it's automatically considered high-risk. My doctor advised me to avoid unnecessary strain on my body as it's already under pretty immense stress, growing two humans. No hiking, no running, no gym. I watch my once-flat belly get bigger and bigger and my muscles get smaller and smaller, and it's hard. I know that it's obviously part of the deal, and it will all be worth it in the end.

Some days I feel so happy that somehow my body just knows how to grow two little humans at once and I adore my growing belly and don't feel bad for eating ice cream. Other days I just feel fat and lazy as I see other pregnant women running and yoga-ing and eating kale for every meal.

So this is a reminder to myself and to everyone else struggling with pregnancy guilt and body image issues: we are beautiful. We are strong. We are amazing. We are rockstars. ❤️💙

22 weeks with my boy/girl twinnies.