Struggles to Feed and Nap

Justine

So for too long there's been this routinely struggle with feeding and naps that makes me feel like a horrible mom. I get so frustrated. Feedings: he's hungry, it's obvious and he's giving me all his cues. So he gets set up on my lap, starts for a minute or two, then breaks away and tries to roll off. Then he whines wanting back on. Sometimes he rolls and screams in a fit repeating this behaviour a few times till he settles or I give up out of frustration. Feed-Nap: we've never broken the habbit and I'm fine with him feeding to fall asleep. But when he struggles this way despite being OBVIOUSLY ready to nap it's just plain ridiculous. So I let him down for a bit and he crawls in the dark nursery a bit. Repeat a couple times till he settles down. When this doesn't work -heres the horrible part for me- I put him in his crib for a few minutes to cry. He starts to freak out right away and screams and cries so loud it breaks my heart. Essentially I have to force him into a panic so he's tired out and eager for cpmpfoet. I hate this so much! He's hungry or exhausted and if I did none of this to get him to take his nap he'd be miserable ALL day! Why lil buddy do you do this!? At least his first and longest nap is no struggle as long as his morning routine is solid. And when he goes to bed at night it's for 10-12 hours straight. But I'm hating being this mean mom just to get him to do what he knows he wants 😭