Seeing their motives

It

About 5-6 years ago I cut off ties with my immediate family. I still speak with a select few relatives that are distant, who have decided to stay neutral with the matter. I am 9 weeks out from delivering our first baby and have found since I have become pregnant and my immediate family has heard about it through the grapevine that my immediate family has been using what little family I do speak with to relay messages to me. The messages I am getting are mostly updates on things happening in their life: moving homes, friends and family deaths, childhood pet deaths, happy birthday wishes to me, stuff most people would want to know. However my family is using these events as motives to pull on my heart strings in hopes that it will be enough for me to want to mend things. I believe they hope that I'm hormonal enough to fall right into their trap for lack of a better term. My extended family seems to have no problem relaying these messages to me, regardless of my disinterest, mention of not wanting to know or even complete change of subject. Without completely blocking out what little family I do speak with I don't know what other options I have to stop these messages from getting through. I know it doesn't seem like a big deal to get a call from an aunt or uncle saying your mom wants to say happy birthday, but I choose to not associate with my mom. If I did want to speak with her I would do it on my own... without the schoolyard telephone games. I have my own reasons to have cut communication with my immediate family and I'm feeling disrespected now as it's happening more and more frequently the more pregnant I get. My extended family's neutrality to the issues I have with my immediate family gets me going with this because although they can say exactly the same things about my family they have just accepted that behaviour. I'm not sure what to do anymore. This isn't going to stop when the baby gets here, in fact I think it's going to get worse because they are going to feel left out completely. How am I going to put an end to this once and for all?