Do you agree?

My daughter is in middle school this year. 6th grade, and I signed a waiver saying it was okay for my daughter to watch those instructional videos on puberty... I have already had a talk with her but I feel like she needs the video too. I want her to be well educated on this. Well they sent her home with a brand new backpack. And inside the pack had some notebooks, pens, pencils, and then they put in a toothbrush, paste, deodorant, a book to read, and a small pack of pads. I genuinely thought this was a nice idea (I know some kids at this school really really need it) and I told a friend how thoughtful it was that they sent all of the kids that backpack. She went on a rant about how she's going to sue (her daughter is best friends with mine, they have the same classes) because they sent her home with PADS. She said "they assumed she wanted to use pads, she could've used a tampon, a cup, or just free bleed! They're pressuring our daughters to wear what they want them to wear." I was taken aback by her argument, I politely disagreed and we went on about our business, but I do know that she definitely plans to take them to court. What are your opinions on this?