Measured 3 weeks behind

Lisa

Yesterday was our first ultrasound and what started out with nerves and excitement mixed with nausea ended with us in shock and trying to cope with reality. I should be 9 weeks along and I've been hit with constant symptoms ever since before I missed my period, and I've spent weeks being useless I've been so ill. I knew something wasn't right when we switched to transvaginal. The fetal pole measured 6w1d with no heartbeat. I go back in a week to see if it's not viable but as a realist I am aware the most likely circumstance is the embryo stopped developing. We tried for 6 months for this one, and I just turned 34. My body still thinks it's pregnant though my symptoms have let up the past week quite a bit so I'm functional most of the time now. I was just starting to get excited as I haven't had cramps or bleeding. I told my family just lat Friday and my mother was unable to contain herself and told her entire family against my wishes. I'm trying to decide whether to do the pill or a D&C; as I don't think I want to wait for weeks on end to see if my body will figure out out. I'm just struggling today.