Controlling mother...please help!

I'm 24 years old and still live at home. My mom and I have always had a close relationship, but she has a very controlling personality. It's very hard to deal with as she still using the guilt tripping tactics as well. Whenever there is something out of her control she gets very angry and agitated and lashes out.

I have been with my boyfriend for a total of 5 1/2 years. We were high school sweethearts and took a minor break in college. We've been back together for 3 years now. My parents seem to get along with him pretty well but my mother is very judgmental and any minor discrepancy she finds in him she points it out. She tells him he's wrong all the time and puts him down in front of me.

He and I are planning to go to a concert next weekend. Since it's a Sunday night and will go pretty late we decided to get a hotel room.

Growing up and even during college my mother has always wanted me to tell her where I was going, who I was with, etc. She even went so far as to demand people's phone numbers.

Keeping that in mind I told her last week our plan of staying the night downtown after the concert. As you can probably guess, it turned into a major fight. She stated that I was "flaunting" and how I was raised differently than that. I don't know whether she thinks I'm flaunting that I'm sexually active (even though I have never told her that) or what. It's very frustrating and I don't know what to do.

Does anyone have any advice? I don't know how I should handle any of this.