Help!

So this might sound nasty. And I hope I don't get judged but, I'm 6 months pregnant and I've developed a severe yeast infection, which I will be seeing my dr for come Tuesday. Every time I use the bathroom I use a cotton swab to clear some of the discharge on the vulva not the vagina because getting all that gunk away from the labia helps relive itchiness. I throw the cotton swabs in the trash and make sure to close the bathroom door after I'm done. Well today somebody left it open and when I went to use the bathroom I noticed a cotton swab on the floor. I am freaking out because I don't know if maybe my toddler of 18 months was the one who took the cotton swab from the trash. I washed his hands immediately and gave him a bath. Idk if he touched it or put it in his mouth or ear or anything. I'm so scared that his gonna get oral thrush and I can't do anything about it but wait and see. The anxiety is eating me alive. Has anybody dealt with oral thrush in a toddler? Is it hard to get rid of? I really hope he doesn't get anything. I don't want to see him in pain.