Questions about breast feeding

Karen

Hello ladies. I healed well during my post partum. I am 6 weeks into it and so I had a c section. I tried breast feeding my newborn but my breast are so big that it takes me a long time to properly latch her which makes her frustrated and when she latches it eventually becomes excruciating because she is pulling on the nipple which causes it to crack and bleed. Either way I did what the nursing consultant said which was to do 20 min each breast and I kept switching but again my nipples would crack and bleed and she would get frustrated trying to latch. I love the skin to skin contact with her because it brings us closer and I am getting some milk in like if I squeeze my nipple some milk comes out just not a lot yet because I'm not breast feeding at the moment. My question is since I still have milk and I don't want it to go to waste. Would I still be able to at least pump when I get a pulp machine or is it too late? It's been 6 weeks since I've given birth and milk only comes out when I squeeze my nipples. Would the breast pump machine make the milk flow heavy or not? I need tips badly. Thanks ladies!!