How important is timing(sex) with Clomid ?

Ellen

So, we were instructed to do Clomid CD5-CD9- and then sex every other day at from CD 10 to at least CD 20. 2 nights we've "missed" (SO started a new job and has been really tired- and then I threw my back out yesterday at work 😕) the first time we missed a day, we did it first thing the next morning. But tonight I'm hoping I'll be able to tolerate it with my back. I'm just curious if this is really going to hurt our chances this month or not.

I don't think I've ovulated yet, at least not from the look of my temps or OPKs- so if I ovulate at all this cycle, it's kinda late (currently on CD 19)

This cycle may be a bust anyways- Clomid was timed after some light red bleeding (spotting, but definitely red blood) then there was nothing but scant pink discharge for 5 days- was told to count the spotting as CD1. Then on CD 6 I started a full flow that lasted a few days. The nurse said everything should still be on track- but I'm wondering if the timing was messed up 😞

The cycle before was annovulatory - and period was a whole month late. I was put on provera for 10 days to start my period, and this is our first cycle trying Clomid.

I'm supposed to go for bloodwork either the 19th or 20th- which I guess will have more answers as to where my progesterone is at and if I ovulated.

But any insight would be much appreciated! I'm new to all this and it's admittedly a little confusing.