Boyfriend not interested lately

Shay
So me and my guy have had a rough couple months where all we do is fight about things from my past. We eventually got over it, but he lost his job and I've had to be the breadwinner which puts a lot of stress on me. Usually he says he is the one that initiates sex but lately I have been the one trying to initiate sex and I have been turned down at least three times in the past month. I know that he is stressed out and depressed and I have been nothing but supportive, but I feel like I need to have something to help keep me from going astray. I'm trying my best to be supportive and be there for him but it's starting to get to me. Tonight I actually masturbated for the first time in a long time and I couldn't even get off. I don't know what to do or say to try to help our relationship. Is anyone else going through something along these lines that have any input or advice to help. I normally don't post anything about this. But I feel like at the end of my rope. Because in these situations I seek comfort elsewhere and that's not what I want to do.