I can’t wait anymore. I want a boyfriend.

So I am 17 years old and I have never had a boyfriend. I’ve talked to guys before but it was short lived and none of them were really for me. One wanted me for sex and the other was really nice and had good intentions... we just didn’t click and I didn’t really feel attracted to him. :(

Of course I have crushes on guys, but I don’t actually talk to them. They don’t go to my school and I rarely (if ever) see them. The guys in my school either already taken, don’t want a relationship, or are just not for me. I am in a really small school so my options are very, very limited.

How do I meet guys outside of my school? How do I approach them without being creepy? Where should I go? I am afraid all my friends are going to have a date to prom, and I won’t - and it’s my senior year!!!

I am moving from my very small school to one of the biggest universities in the USA next september, so I will have a much better luck there, but I just want a guy I can hang out with and just have fun for now.

How do I talk to guys? Should I be straightforward or not? I have some social anxieties so it is hard for me to approach people, but it’s getting to the point where I’m just going to suck it up and do it! What should I say and what is an appropriate place to approach them? Any help is appreciated.