I'm ruining my own relationship....please help!

Hi, I'm 22 and my boyfriend is 29. Recently, I have been feeling very needy and more clingy to him. I always want to be under him and I get off work everyday at 8:30pm and I'll get so upset if he is not at home... meanwhile he stays in contact with me, we might not see each other a total of 1 time a week, and I get so upset any time he can't be home when I really want and he gets home late.... he is absolutely a great man, he tries so hard for me, and I've honestly been extremely selfish and have not made things easy... we have gotten into it so many times, and he has told me that he will be done with me if I keep doing it... & I fin myself getting better not always wanting to see him hit then, I'm pissed and mad all over because I can't see him. I don't have many friends, actually like none... or family and he has it all... so sometimes I'm very depressed and what not. He tells me how his friends will always comment how he is continuously in his phone and feelings and it's embarrassing for him because he's arguing with me and calling me and trying to get to me because I'm upset..... I know I'm ruining my own relationship. I know he loves me and I love him... but I need some advice, what do I do? How do I control not seeing him so much? Please don't judge me, I seriously need help, I don't want to lose him...