No motivation to date

Caitlyn

Back story: I was in a relationship with my ex for a year. We have a lot of issues including, he mentally abused me, and manipulated me. I loved him but I didn't see through the piece of shit he was till it was to late. He physically assaulted me the last i saw him which was 5 months ago. He scream at me, through a drink in my face (while in the car). Then shoved me to the ground after getting out of the car. And left me on the side of the road at midnight.

It has been 5 months since our break up and i have no motivation to try dating or do anything physical with anyone. I have had multiple guys ask to take me out, but i just either am to scared, or not feeling it. I think i have some sort of ptsd about the situation. No i am not a doctor. No i have not been diagnosed with it, but every time a male figure raises there voice at me, and moves to me. I get flash backs, and break down. The thing is, i really want to get back to myself, and care. But at the same time i have ampthy. I want so bad to be in a relationship again, but i feel like i put so much energy in my ex. That i don't have any left for anyone else. I always feel like these new guys want something from me. Maybe i am crazy. Maybe i am just being paranoid. Idk. I just feel broke and not the same person i was before i meet him.