California pregnancy laws

Maui

Hello everyone I have a question regarding pregnancy laws in California and pregnancy leave. I know that in California you can start your pregnancy disability leave at 36 weeks of pregnant. Then after that it's postpartum leave into bonding time. My question is I just had a baby this past march 2017 and I've had to call into work a few days due to this new pregnancy. For the last pregnancy I still have 3 weeks of bonding time left which I plan to take in Dec 2017- into Jan 2018. Well according to my employer I have to set up intermittent leave for this pregnancy. Well when I called out the company that handles our leaves they told me that if I call out due to my new pregnancy it will take a way time from the 3 weeks of bonding that I have left from my last pregnancy. I'm just a bit confused cause she told me that I won't be getting any leave time for this pregnancy until feb 2018 a full calendar year from the day I left for my maternity leave for my last pregnancy. I thought that call outs due to pregnancy was considered disability and not part of our bonding time with our babies. Any ladies in California been through something similar it just seems difficult because I got pregnant pretty soon after my baby. This baby is due May 2018.