Unexpected TWW

Jenn

I’m 43 and started TTC 3 yrs ago. We tried diligently for 2 yrs, temping, opk’s, boxers, different positions, standing on your head, jumping on one foot, sage, tons of prayers, and anything we could find on ways to conceive in our 40’s.

After a couple chemical pregnancies we started to feel like it was just too late. Right about that time I made a major shift in jobs, shook my life up drastically.

I’m currently in an intense training program at the new job, tons of stress and a temporary pay cut while training.

I have been feeling off the past couple of days. Little things here and there until 2 days ago when I came home from work and passed out for 18 hours.

I started to think about all the little things I was chalking up to catching a cold or just PMS. Dizziness, nausea, lower back pain, getting tired very easily, worse than usual moodiness, tender boobs, bloated, tight feeling in lower abdomen, etc...

Only to realize with my periods becoming irregular this last year (I’m thinking peri menopause) my math may have been off on when my ovulation window should have been. And we hit the nail on the head so to speak.

So now here I am 7 dpo in my first TWW since we stopped trying a year ago and I honestly don’t know how to feel.

I don’t want to get my hopes up for something that is such a statistical long shot, but it’s hard not to be swept away by the idea.

I’m just a hot mess right now and need to vent lol