when love walks away..

Brandilyn

Love is never easy.

About a year ago I met the most amazing person. He was fun and smart. He was a very different breed.

I had been single for over 2 years when we met. I had been in a pretty bad relationship and it took me a while to heal. He had been engaged and she cheated and left him.

Our relationship grew and we became the couple everyone hated but secretly wanted to be. He did my hair, painted my nails, always did the sweetest things. I always tried to make him feel as loved as I did. when he told me he loved me he was so excited that he woke me up at 3am to tell me because he couldn't wait.

Now fast forward to September. He got drunk and cheated on me at a party. Our work lives have been stressful and he's still in school. I told him that I still loved him and wanted to work through it. I thought we were doing good but Friday he broke it off. He doesn't even want to talk to me for awhile. He told me that he didn't think I was the one, but I think he cried more than I did.

It almost feels like my best friend died.

He has a troubled past. his parents were drug dealers. He dropped out of school when he was 17 and has lived in his own since. He has a way of running away from things that scare him.

Love is scary. Love is patience. Love is heartbreaking.