Mastitis

Shay

Looking for positive reinforcement

Had flu like symptoms come on suddenly last night and localized pain in one boob. Knew right away it was mastitis. Feel like I’ve been hit by a truck. As if motherhood couldn’t get any harder (FTM)

Picked up antibiotics today so hoping I will be better soon.

My baby is 5 weeks and they are now saying could be tongue tie that caused the infection so need to get her checked out. They mentioned it before but didn’t think it was bad.

Been using the shield since we left the hospital and tried to wean her off cuz I was in a stupid breastfeeding group on Facebook that was talking shit about nipple shields so I felt like I was doing something wrong by using one and it was causing me anxiety. I think that’s how I got the infection cuz she doesn’t latch well without shield and I think it created cracks and opening in which bacteria entered.

I’m just so run down and tired and stressed. Anyone with similar issues? Is the tongue tie a stressful procedure for the baby being 5 weeks? I feel like most babies get it done when first born.

Mastitis sucks! Any advice or encouragement would be appreciated. Breastfeeding seriously sucks but I feel stuck.