Feeling irritated......

I'll admit I'm an overprotective mama, but I have good cause. Our son was a little bit of an early bird and then from May- August he was sick every 2 weeks which finally stopped about 2 weeks after his first Birthday. He is a relatively healthy almost 15 Month old now. Today at my in laws, my father in law asked to take my son out to his garage. I was fine with this but wanted him bundled up since it's been cold and rainy. As I was trying to zip his coat my father in law takes my son from in front of me and starts for the door. I told my FIL to please zip up my sons jacket. He told me he didn't need it zipped. I snapped back to zip his coat! My husband pipes in for me to be nice! I did ask nice but my order was ignored! I'm irritated because my husband reprimanded me instead of being on my side. Then when I confronted him about it tonight he blows it way out of proportion and says we just won't take out son over to see his grandparents anymore. I told him that wasn't my intent, I just wanted my rules followed regarding our son. Our son did end up with his jacket zipped up, but only after I had asked that second time and they had already made it out the door. I would have done the same thing with my own parents. Am I just being to overprotective or am I justified in my irritation?