Clearblue ovulation tests

I just wanted to share my experience to hopefully help others out there as it has driven me mad!

I had a miscarriage in July at 7 weeks, after falling pregnant almost straight away after stopping the pill, and my hcg took forever to drop down. I had my first cycle in September and then my first proper period in October which was a 28 day cycle (shorter than my usual 30 -32 days)

I wanted to try clearblue opk this month and as my cycle was shorter last month, I started testing on day 8, which in hindsight was too early but didn't want to miss anything. I had 2 low days then 10 days of high fertility (flashing smiley, which by today I wanted to 🥊) but no peak. I was starting to lose hope and thought I wasn't ovulating this month, which was stressing me out and wasn't having any ovulation symptoms either.

I have noticed over the last 2 days a faint second line on the cartridge after I eject it and have also been backing up with cheapy opks later on in the day and have noticed a very faint second line on them recently.

This morning I took the CB test at 7.30am and got another flashing smiley. This is what the ejected cartridge looked like:

I felt like I had ovulation symptoms though so tested again at about 12pm with a cheapy opk and had a glaring positive! (Below)

I'm going to test this evening with the clearblue to see if it picks up on my peak but I think I'll go back to using the cheapy opks from now on!

I just wanted to share in the hope this will help someone in the same situation. If I hadn't been testing with cheapy opks as a back up I'm not sure I would have caught my LH surge and I'd have spent the month thinking I'm not ovulating!