I need advice. 😭

So about 3 years ago I dated this AWFUL human being but despite his ways I loved him with all my heart. Sometimes I still think about him but anyways Last night was the first time I seen him in about a year and it killed me not being able to say hey or how ya doing because I have a boyfriend. Please don’t judge me it’s honestly just so hard to get over. I put a lot of trust and love into him & all he did was hit me and fuck me over. I dont know how to get over it. Over the scared feeling I get, or over the “ I wish it could’ve worked” feeling. Because my boyfriend is the complete opposite of him. He’s kind, sweet and generous.

Ive talked to my boyfriend about him before. Because after 3 years this man still passes by my house & talks shit to other people about me.. if he doesn’t feel anything for me why does he do this??? He didnt take me serious and didn’t want me so why does he mess with my head.

I just want to forget about him but I honestly don’t know how.... how did y’all get over things like this?