As a parent ....

Growing up I couldn’t get everything I wanted and didn’t have money all the time to do things I wanted. I couldn’t go on school trips, I never went on vacation or been out of my own city, I didn’t have the best clothes or hairstyles. When I got older I started working at the age of 14 and been working ever since then. I couldn’t focus on school because I had to worry about making money sometimes. I couldn’t ask my mom for money to do this and that either. So I know for a fact that I want the opposite for my son and future children. I’m going to work my ass off so they will never have to depend on anyone else besides me or themselves. I never want them to feel how I felt when I didn’t have it all. I’m going to make sure they have everything they need and want (if they deserve it). I will not let them ever get a job until after they graduate college because I want them to focus on school and get straight A’s always. They may able to get a summer job but just no job while in school. I will help them build credit at age 16 and I will build my credit now so that they will never need anyone else to help them besides me. I want them to know that they will be able to depend on me for everything ! I also will instill in them that nothing is ever just given they have to work for it (getting good grades and staying focused on school is one of the ways they will learn that). I had a hard life and I refuse to let my son and future children experience what I did. And I will make sure they get to experience what it feels like to leave the city/state and see new things.