Am i overreacting?

I probably am, it's about that time of the month. I just need a second opinion. My husband's family is from Mexico and they moved to the US when he was young. Anyways fast forward it's my hubby, his 3 brothers and their mom. Basically they are all mamas boys. My BIl and his wife have already moved out the house because shes pregnant but his mom made a big deal about it claiming it's going to make her so depressed. As for me and my husband she constantly wants to hang around us and doesn't respect our privacy, always jumping in when we have a argument. We take her out places so she wont feel lonely but she want to do this every single day. It almost feels like she doesn't understand her kids have grown up and don't need her 24/7. The thing is she has no life outside of her kids. I want to feel bad for her but I just can't. She still does her 27 and 25 year olds laundry and cooks their every meal which for me is weird. She needs to find some hobbies of her own and let her kids detach from he umbilical cord. I guess what I'm asking is this normal and apart of the mexican culture?