Not letting him see the birth. Did I do the right thing ?

♡ 𝓚𝓪𝓽𝓻𝓲𝓷𝓪 𝓵𝓸𝓾𝓲𝓼𝓮 ♡

In January of this year I gave birth on my due date to my son.

That morning I already had an appointment with my midwife to have a membrane sweep, to hurry things along. When I attended the appointment I told her ive been having what I thought was braxton hicks all night and this morning. She confirmed they’re contractions, I’m 4cm dilated and paperthin.

I went to the hospital and my husband who abused me had flown over to the uk, to my small town, despite me advising him not to and he tried to call up to my apartment where my sisters fiancé tells him I’m in hospital.

He calls around trying to find out which hospital I’m at, took a lucky guess and got the train down to see me.

Now prior to this and him flying out he told me that if there were any complications he wouldn’t care for me only the baby, that he would set “ rules “ for when the baby is born like I wasn’t allowed to talk to him when we are in the same room together, he wouldn’t hold my hand during birth and would say we were a one night stand that meant nothing.

When he turned up the midwives advised he should leave as I’m not allowing him in, this angered him more so my sister went to have a word ( at this point my waters had broke ), she said he was literally shaking with anger like he wanted to lash out and it took 3 security men to take him away.

I can see why he got angry and I did feel guilty After but he treated me so badly. He didn’t support me through my pregnancy and nearly made our dog die when we were all together.

I occasionally go over what happened and I’m torn if I made the right decision that day. I’m trying to cope with all of it.

He wasn’t only mentally abusive but he started to get physical with it too.

Vote below to see results!