I’m afraid to lose the man of my dreams...

Kristi

Apologies in advance, this is long.

My husband and I have been married for just about a year and a half. We have a beautiful 7 month old son and another baby on the way due just before our two year anniversary. Everything would be picture perfect except for...

His health. He is a damn medical mystery. He is in so much pain day in and day out that it’s to the point that he’s about to lose his job. He hasn’t lost it yet, but even when he’s at work he makes less than minimum wage just due to missing shifts/hours. He’s been on a leave of absence from work since June trying to get to the bottom of his body and what’s going on and every doctor finds a NEW issue and it’s just so disheartening. He’s been diagnosed with fibromyalgia, COPD, ankolysing spondylitis, asthma, arthritis...the list goes on. He’s only 34. Every day he tells me how afraid he is to leave me and our kids without a husband or dad because he knows his body is giving up. I’m trying to convince him to go to the Mayo Clinic for a comprehensive study but the money just isn’t there. We’re drowning financially, he’s beyond depressed, and I’m trying to hold the love of my life afloat for as long as I can. I can’t lose him, not without more years with him.

I’ve thought about starting a Go Fund Me but I don’t feel right asking for money for our family. I’m lost, I’m scared, and I need help. Any advice, anybody that’s gone through some similar, anyone with knowledge of disability in Texas. Please. Just anything.

Update: https://www.gofundme.com/medical-anomaly GoFundMe link. I’ll try my luck and see what comes of it.