Normal HCG with low levels of progesterone and estrogen.

Kate

Hi, I’m a high risk pregnancy as this is my fourth pregnancy and only have one living child. My first pregnancy ended @ 34wks with a stillborn due to a clot in her cord, second ended @ around 8wks with a miscarriage, third ended @ 36wks with my now almost 6yr old son when he failed a NST.

I was diagnosed with APS(Antiphospholipid Syndrome) after I myself got a blood clot, and I also have POTS(Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome).

I recently found out I’m pregnant and I’m 5wks 5 days. My local primary doctor started me on 100mg lovenox once finding out I was pregnant per recommendation of my hematologist @ Duke.

I was considered high risk for my son, and I got in right away when I was pregnant with him. I still haven’t been able to see an actual OB doctor. And I’m very worried as my primary has been drawing labs to make sure the HCG was doubling like it needed to. Which it is, but my progesterone and estrogen are very low.

My primary never mentioned the low results I found out after asking for a copy of my results at the latest blood draw. I immediately called and wanted answers and some sort of progesterone replacement. And the on call doctor prescribed 200mg of Prometrium once a day by mouth. From what I’ve read that’s no enough and I should be doing either vaginally or injectable. Hoping to save this pregnancy. Below are my levels. Any input is so very appreciated.

11/13 HCG 217 Progesterone 9.1 Estrogen 155.2

11/17 HCG 1401 Progesterone 7.5 Estrogen 164.4

11/20 HCG 5365

11/22 HCG 7828

Is the progesterone and estrogen level worrisome enough that I need to get something done over the weekend. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.