Going nuts!

E • Animal lover, artist, & wannabe chef. 18/CA 🦋💗🐺✨♏️

My boyfriends mom drives me UP THE FUCKING WALL. she’s very conscious about money, which is cool and all... except it’s about her SON’S money. He’s almost 18 and she won’t even allow him to have the password to his online banking because “he’ll spend it all”. He’s very good with his money and I’m sure he wouldn’t, but regardless, how is it her business? I control all my own finances and I honestly believe it’s better that way because I’m learning lessons about spending and saving before I’m out on my own.

Recently, he and I went camping and I paid for the campsite and he paid for the food. I don’t care about the cost or even paying for it all. The campsite was expensive af but I honestly didn’t mind since it was sort of a late bday present to myself.

His mom INSISTED on seeing the receipts and knowing the exact totals because she wanted it to be “equal”. When we went grocery shopping, she only allowed him to take out exactly half of what the campsite cost to pay for food.

Tonight, he & I are going to dinner and a movie with some friends and she is now insisting that we split the bill for dinner and the movie tickets. And like, I really do not mind paying for myself, but when she makes it this big of a deal I don’t even want to go. I hate that she’s so involved in our relationship and i wish I was strong enough not to let it drive me away.