baby being alone

Alena

3 days ago I tried the cio method on my 9 month old son it failed because my husband felt really bad for the baby and picked him up. I stopped the method so I don't confuse the baby my plan was to start it again today. my husband was talking to his grandmother today and she suggested instead of letting him cry to sleep why not let him cry during the day to get used to being alone and maybe it will make the cio method at night easier for him. (my son just won't stop crying if we leave the room he never wants to be alone he has been spoiled too much by everyone else) I've been trying to work on letting him be alone for short periods during the day. So my grandmother in laws method sounds reasonable but my question is will it really help the cio method at night? if I just put it off an completely work on getting him to be alone during the day? the problem is my son won't nap and won't sleep if he's not with me. and at night he wakes every half hour to nurse so nobody is really getting sleep. as you piece it together you can probably come to the conclusion that I'm what to get the cio night method over with as soon as possible. should I put if off and work solely on his day crying first? will the crying during the day help him cope better at night when i do actually start the cio method? or will the cio night method help improve him being alone during the day? what are your thoughts? when you did the cio method was your baby already accostumed to having alone time or did your baby hate being alone but the night cio method fixed it? the first night I did it everything's seemed easier the next day. So I'm confused as to what I should do. I think what my husband's grandmother said sounds pretty reasonable but on the other hand I rather hear from someone who has experienced this first hand because she never let her kids cry and she never wanted my son to cry in the first place now she s on board because she sees how he has become.