My kid is better at relationships than me.

Me

My son is 10. He has the same "girlfriend" since kindergarten. We moved about 7 months ago and now they are 2 hours apart. They talk every night on the phone and last night she got to tell him a big surprise! Her family is moving within a mile of us! They will be in the same school again and ride the same bus. It is SOOO cute!

They are FaceTiming each other right now watching YouTube videos together over the phone.

I'm so thankful that she has awesome parents that we get along with so we can encourage their friendship and monitor their "relationship" now that they call each other boyfriend/girlfriend. So far it's just adorable innocence. They are always each other's Valentine, they get each other gifts for birthdays and holidays, and they have gone on one "date" to the movies (my husband chaperoned, but my son used money he earned mowing grass to pay.) I hope they get the fairy tale, but I definitely don't talk about any kind of expectations because I want them both to live their lives and find what is truly fulfilling for them. If they do get the fairy tale, I don't think their will be a dry eye!

Anyway, I just wanted to share because I find this all just too freaking cute.

Tl;Dr My kid is 10 and has a long distance relationship that has lasted almost 5 years.

This was the first Valentine he bought her with his own money in second grade and also the night he asked her to be his girlfriend. He took her mom and sisters chocolates and her dad a Transformer toy because he is a collector.

***EDIT*** After re-reading, I thought I should clarify that the girl's parents aren't moving for the kids. A new job offer for their family just coincidentally happened to be in our area. We moved from a small town to a nearby large city, so a lot of people end up up our way from the town we moved from.

Also wanted to add, that they are very much children. They don't even hold hands. Lol. They just happen to refer to each other as boyfriend and girlfriend. All four of us parents talk almost as often as the kids do and we spend a lot of weekends hanging out. The kids being close brought us some great friends!

Anyway, I would love to share a picture of the kids together, but I'm not comfortable posting a photo of a kid that isn't mine.

Thank you everyone for the overall positive response! I definitely didn't expect that!