SAVE YOUR MONEY during pregnancy.

As

I know how tempting it is to buy everything and all things new, and somethings should be bought new like a car seat, but there are some things it’s just better economically and environmentally to get second hand!

Things like

Stroller- I got a $140 sit and stand stroller (the joovy caboose) for $50 with everything included.

Clothing- again, some is fine new. I like getting new newborn stuff just in case. But if you’ve got a cousin/friend/sister who’s just had a baby wanting to hand you clothing TAKE IT. WASH IT. Save yourself some cash. Anything you don’t like donate or give away!

Maternity pants/clothes- (THIS IS A BIG ONE) maternity jeans brand new are a massive rip off money wise. New run you $30 or more most often. Just today at goodwill, I got a pair of GAP maternity jeans for $2.50 (it was 50% of clothing day, usually $4.99) don’t buy new unless you plan on having multiple kids and saving your maternity clothing. Even then, I’d still buy used!

Gear- pack n plays. Swings. Bouncers. CHECK THRIFT STORES/ ONLINE YARD SALES. Better deals and you can clean and sterilize them to your hearts content.

Seriously, check second hand before anything. You’ll save yourself hundreds. Literally. What are your best thrifty pulls, mommas?!