Ross and Rachel relationship situation

Sofia

Hey guys, story time!

So there's this guy I was in a play with at my school. We did It's a Wonderful Life and he played George and I played Mary. Aside from that, over the summer we went to see movies together which to my knowledge was just as friends until the third movie he asked me if I wanted more. I, being confused and startled by this thinking he was my best friend, politely said no because I didn't want to stop being friends with him. A few months go by and we stop talking. A few months later and he asks not to be friends because it hurts too much to see me. Then the show comes up and I totally view him differently. I see him as a kind, different guy who I really missed out on. If you've ever seen Friends you could easily compare us to Ross and Rachel. Every time I want him, he's with someone or uninterested and every time he wants me, I'm with someone or uninterested. Right now, I'm not sure if he's in a relationship or not, but he didn't want to go to lunch with our friends because he still felt uncomfortable around me. I'm not sure if it's his emotions about me or awkward tension but I think I really like him. FYI, in the show we cut out the kissing scenes but on the last day (today) he kissed my head and even though it wasn't on the mouth, it felt different. Not bad though. I've never had a guy kiss me before. It felt like an electric shock went through me and it was just in my head. We didn't even rehearse it, he himself actually seemed surprised that he did it. He sent me a text too of our previous conversation on the idea of doing the show and all his texts are like out of a hallmark movie and mean so much. I really like him. he's a senior and I'm a sophomore, not too much of a difference but almost a throw away deal since he'll be going to college I'm pretty sure outside of town. I'm so confused at what to do. Everyone says we should be together and I'm starting to agree but I'm not sure if he feels the same way. What should I do?