Tattoo advice

Em

Ladies, I need help making up my mind about getting a tattoo. I love the idea of self expression through this medium, and seeing people with interesting and unique tattoos always makes me smile, and proves an excellent conversation starter (which is always good when you have social anxiety). However, with tattoos becoming more socially accepted around the world, it almost seems rare to see someone who just has plain, untouched skin. It's not like I have perfect skin; I've had acne since I was twelve. But it makes me hesitant nonetheless. For specifics, I'm 21 years old and I have zero body modifications, with the exception of standard pierced earlobes. I do have a design picked out, which I would get either on the back of my shoulder or my upper bicep:

(Calcifer from Howl's Moving Castle by Choestoe on DeviantArt) I love this piece of art dearly, and the story means a lot to me, so it seems a worthy candidate. I have no problem with saving up a bit more money for a good artist who can portray the design well, and the concept of its permanence doesn't really faze me, but I'm still stuck on the fence!