Hcg doing gnarly things.*UPDATE, a little bit of hope*

Djari

UPDATE: my little bean has a heartbeat! It’s only measuring at 3mm, so they were unable to give me a due date, but I go for another scan next week. Don’t give up hope ladies! Our bodies know what to do. Keeping my fingers and toes crossed!!!

So at 5 weeks 2 days, I had some dark red bleeding for a couple of hours. It turned brown and stopped over the weekend. The following week, I went to my doctor’s who prepared me for miscarriage. I had my levels done and they were over 6200, cervix was closed and the bleeding didn’t return. Two days later, my levels dropped to 5200’s. So again, I started grieving my loss and preparing for the baby to pass. My doctor wanted me to repeat blood work to make sure the levels were dropping steadily. To my surprise, they went back up to over 6200! I also had an ultrasound that showed an early gestational sac and a yolk sac. I also have a small sub chorionic hemorrhage. They told me to come back in a week to check for cardiac activity. I was still preparing for miscarriage since the number nowhere near doubled. However, I just went back today and they have started climbing and are now over 9600! I have no idea what all of this means, but now, I’m sitting here praying to God for a miracle. Has anyone had anything like this happen?