Hormones after birth control

Sara • Mommy of 2! 💖💙

This is kinda long, but I just kinda wanna see if anyone has gone through this. I took aviane birth control (pill) for about 2 years. I stopped taking it at the end of May of this year. My periods went right back to normal a few weeks after stopping, and I’ve had a fairly normal cycle ever since then. (Only difference being that my periods last around 9 days now instead of 6-7.)

Around the middle of June, I started noticing that I was retaining fluid. I’ve got bad pitting edema in my ankles that’s been constant since June. There have been 2 days that it slacked up over the past 6 months, but other than that it never goes away. Has anyone experienced fluid retention after getting off the pill? I’ve also gained about 20 pounds since I got off bc (which could be somewhat because of the extra fluid). I’m thinking I may have a hormone problem. I know the answer is to go to the doctor, I just wanna know if anyone else has had this problem or something similar. I went to 2 family doctors and they did blood work to check my heart and thyroid, and everything came back normal. It’s getting aggravating and I’ve been ttc since May. I know it takes a while after stopping bc, but I’m just getting discouraged and thinking I may have some problem that’s preventing pregnancy or making it harder. Any advice, stories, thoughts/prayers welcome and appreciated!

Pic attached of the edema in my ankles. That’s an indention where I pressed down with my finger. My ankles are huge.