My boyfriend never wants to have sex with me?

Alicia

So, my boyfriend and I have been together for a little over two years now. We’ve had a pretty active sex life up until around the past eight months. Even when I do and say the things that always turned him on the most, he still just rejects me. Then he makes me feel bad for being upset by saying things like, “Sometimes I like to show my love for you in ways other than sex” and “Oh, we don’t have to have sex ALL the time.” It’s just really hurt my self esteem. I will admit that I’ve put on a little weight since we’ve been together, but I’ve tried really hard to look my best for him, and I still get nothing. We have sex once a week if I’m lucky, which isn’t awful, but I would like to do it at least a couple times a week. I’m just so tired of feeling so ugly and rejected all the time. I’ve tried talking to him about it, but he doesn’t listen and just tells me that we don’t have to have sex “all the time”. I guess my question is, what do I do? How do I get him to listen to me and take my feelings into account? Is there anything I could do to be more physically appealing to him?