BFP 11 DPO/Sharp Pains and One-sided Cramping/Fainting

Anya

Since I have truly appreciated reading everyone else's stories on here and been comforted by the experience of others, I thought I would share my own journey so far.

This is my first pregnancy. Positive OPK on CD 11 and 12, based on my temp, I think I ovulated on CD 14 or 15. We had sex on CD 10, 11, and 15 (I was away on the days in between). I had sharp pains in my left ovary, pressure and nausea starting when I ovulated. I went to the doctor, negative blood test 2-3 DPO (duh) but they put me on macrobid for a suspected UTI, ran a few STD tests that were negative and did a quick pelvic exam. I'm crazy so I took like 4 tests after that. BFN. I thought I was out this month. 8-9 DPO I had the tiniest speck of pink discharge 2 days in a row so 11 DPO I took another cheapo test and saw a vvfl. I called my husband for a second set of eyes and freaked out waiting as we took a Clear Blue test that came back with a strong positive immediately!

The sharp one sided pains escalated into strong one sided cramps with occasional sharp pains. I worked myself into a Google symptom checking frenzy fearing it was ectopic. At 4 1/2 weeks my doctor said to come get checked out. They did a blood test to see if hcg levels were high enough for an ultrasound and to get a baseline for comparison.

The next night I was in a work training where I had been sitting for an hour. I started to get horrible cramps, felt dizzy, started sweating, my vision went blurry and I knew I was about to faint. Apparently I was so pale that the trainer stopped class to check on me. I sat on the ground with my head between my legs until I felt better. I cried the whole way home sure this meant I would have miscarriage that night.

I had my follow up appointment and ultrasound the next day. My doctor said fainting is normal in the first trimester. Who knew? My hcg levels ended up great and the ultrasound showed me as 5 1/2 weeks with a pregnancy safely in the uterus and a corpus luteum cyst on my right ovary. I was told that can make things expand on the other side which may be why I had such pain on the left.

My sister in law is pregnant as well. I found out she also had bad one sided cramps and was afraid and in such pain that she also went to the doctor at 5-6 weeks. She is 13 weeks now and doing well.

I just want to tell everyone that Google isn't always your friend and some of the weird things like one sided cramping and fainting are more normal than you are told. My doctor said an ectopic is normally far more painful and the pain radiates up and around. But being sure makes me feel far more comfortable. I read horror stories of women getting turned away then having a tube burst. My doctor took me seriously, was kind, understanding and cautious. That is the kind of team you want on your side, especially as a first time mom who has no clue what is normal.

Still having awful cramping and nausea on and off but hoping my baby sticks and is born healthy. I wish us all very sticky baby dust.