We got pregnant through IVF after 5 years of trying to conceive

Maggie
We got pregnant through <a href="https://glowing.com/glow-fertility-program">IVF</a> after 5 years of trying to conceive. My pregnancy went great and no complications occurred. 2 days before my due date I started to have contractions around 4pm. I went home and informed my doula that I was starting my early labor. She told me to wait until my contractions would get closer to 4-5min interval before heading to the hospital. I was hoping to deliver without medication, but by 2 am on our way to the the hospital, I was starting to really hurt so I asked for an epidural. The anesthesiologist did an epidural around 4:30am but no pain relief was felt even after waiting for 1.5 hour. I asked the anesthesiologist to redo the epidural because I couldn’t tolerate the pain anymore. The doc redid it but again no pain relief whatsoever was felt!!!! They tried different blocks in my epidural line but nothing worked, I’m pretty sure the epidural catheter was just not in the right place so the expected effects were not happening. At that point I had to keep going without analgesia so I continued to labor even though I was in the worst pain ever. The baby was slow to engage and progress through the birth canal and I had to push for over 4 hours strait. Charles was finally born after 24 hours of difficult labor, but he is all worthed, healthy and beautiful!! My birth team which included my husband, my doula , my nurse and my doctor were all great and very supportive. I couldn’t have done it without them!!