Can you be mis-diagnosed with GD?

Su

I was just diagnosed with GD last Friday and started testing yesterday. So far all my numbers have been perfect. I’m trying to eat as normal as possible today (how I was eating before) to see what triggers high numbers and still great numbers so far. Is it possible that my body just can’t handle the specific type/amount of glucose that is in the test drink? Normally I eat a lot of carbs in the form of bread and pasta, but not a lot of sugar in other forms. Obviously I’m going to keep testing and tracking what I eat, but I’m wondering if it’s possible to get a positive diagnosis and not actually have GD?

Both my doc and diabetics counselor agreed that the next week will be tough since it’s Christmas and there are so many goodies around and it was ok for me to eat normally at Christmas unless my numbers were totally out of control so we will see what happens. I send in my numbers to the diabetics counselor on the 27th and if they stay normal over Christmas (even with the cookies I know I’m going to eat!) I’m going to ask if I have to continue to track my food. I don’t even mind testing my blood sugar, but tracking everything I eat is a bit of a pain.