MIL “too busy” for granddaughter 😒

MrsMama

So it’s a long story but I’ll get right to it. My MIL works full time so I know she’s busy so when she comes home after work I don’t bother her (me, my husband and 2 month old daughter live with them). I have been having a hard time sleeping and have told them about it (my mil and her husband) they said “if we ever need help to just let us know” well yesterday I noticed she had a day off so asked if she wanted to spend time with Abigail (my daughter) so I also could catch up on some sleep, she looked at me like I was crazy asking for a couple hours and said she couldn’t she had plans. So I have asked her this on other days off and with basically the same response every time. It’s pissing me off like I already told her I want her to be a more actively involved in Abigail’s life but she gives me this feeling like she thinks it’s a hassle like asking a 19 yr old to stay in on the weekend... ughhh So what should I do? I see all these posts of other woman complaining about their MIL being “too involved” ha! I wish! 😒 also she says she likes spending time with her but doesn’t want to bother us, I told her a month ago just let us know when she wants and she could. She still hasn’t said anything.... 😖