Nephew Problem...

Desarae

My husband and I live on our family farm with my parents. My brother who has 1 son, is across country basically being a gypsy. My nephews mother has been pretty much not in the picture for close to a year now. My nephew spends a lot of time at our house because of this. His maternal grandparents are raising him and he spends as much time as he can here because he doesn't like their house. We love him to pieces. However... he drives us crazy. I know it's just a phase but we can never relax just the two of us when he's here because about every 5 minutes he's knocking on our door to show us a game, or just ask my husband a thousand questions about whatever he's doing at the time. I thought he would have grown out of this phase by now (he's been like this since he was about 5, which is much more expected at that age). I feel horrible because he doesn't get much love from his own parents but he makes me a little crazy. We just want some peace and quiet. We have a 7 month old so we barely get any time to just chill between working full time, baby duties and not sleeping well at night. I don't know how to tell my nephew to just go away without hurting his feelings. That last thing I want is to hurt him especially when he doesn't even have the reassurance from his own parents.

Advice?