Birth Story

Amaya • Momma of 2❤️

So I'm about a week late posting this, because I haven't had the time with a newborn lol.

I went in at 12am on December 18th to get induced, I was 39 weeks exactly. They started off by hooking me up to everything to be monitored, then they checked my cervix. I was still dilated to 1 1/2 cm, so they gave me the capsule to soften my cervix. I then tried to fall asleep, but I was way too excited to meet my baby girl. Around 1:30am I started to feel my contractions, and that's when I knew I was having back labor. The contractions started becoming unbearable to the point I was screaming. The nurse came in and checked me at around 5 and I was dilated to 3cm, that's when she wanted to start the pitocin. My contractions were so bad that I couldn't handle them anymore so I asked for the epidural. She asked if I wanted to start the pitocin first or the epidural, so I got the epidural first. Once they got the tube in and the medicine started to work, I instantly felt better. She started the pitocin and since I couldn't feel the pain anymore, I finally took a nap. I slept for about two hours when they came in and checked me again. I was sure I didn't progress much, but I went from 3cm to 8cm in 2 hours. They went and got my doctor to break my water. She was checking me again, and told the nurse to hand her the hook, right as she asked, she broke my water with her fingers. She left for about 5 minutes to get things ready and while she did, I was starting to do a couple practice pushes. My doctor returned and after about 45 minutes, my daughter was here.

I tore up instead of down, and only had to have a few stitches.

Now my little princess is 7 days old, and I couldn't be any happier

or more in love.💕