How do you get your baby to settle themself in their crib?

F

We’ve had to lower the base of my nine month old daughter’s crib because she’s starting to learn how to stand now and the base was high enough up that I wasn’t comfortable with her standing up in there. I’ve always snuggled her to sleep, I love doing it and I love that she falls asleep feeling my warmth and love. When the base of her crib was on the higher setting, I could easily lower her down onto the mattress without waking her, but now we’ve lowered the mattress I know I won’t be able to lower her that far down without waking her (the side of the crib doesn’t drop down).

She self settles easily when she wakes up a little between sleep cycles through the night, but when she wakes up when we put her in the crib it’s a nightmare getting her to go to sleep. The cry it out method is all that’s worked for us so far, but I hate listening to her cry herself to sleep. Is there any other way? How do your babies just go off the sleep in their crib without crying? Giving her a bottle isn’t an option as I breastfeed and she refuses pumped milk in a bottle 😩