Confusing Relationship

I'm 31. My boyfriend is 32. We've been dating about 3 months. I don't have friends, so no one to talk to so I figured I'd try this. Right now he's home with his family for the holidays. Has been since Thursday. Will be gone until this Thursday. His Dad died in September so I'm wondering if that should excuse his behavior. He hasn't talked to me since he's been gone. I got a Merry Christmas text and that's all it said. He hasn't called me at all. I told him a couple times that I didn't need him to keep in constant contact but a goodnight and good morning text. I've gotten neither. I tried to tell him about my Christmas with family. No reply. I keep asking him if things are okay with us with no response. I asked him to change his status on Facebook to in a relationship with me for Christmas because it still says single. Didn't do that. He has previously said Facebook is no big deal. I'm getting too old for this. I want to get married and have kids but I don't think he's the one. Should I give him the benefit of the doubt because it's his first Christmas without his Dad or am I just making excuses?