Would you get upset?

Alright so my boyfriend recently got fired from his job and he’s trying to get a new one. He don’t have a car so he’s asked to borrow my car to go check out some places. Since I work from 12-5 I was like yeah sure go ahead. I even gave him 10$ for gas money cause I was running low and I thought well he’s going to be driving around so let me fill it up at least half way. I have a v4, so with 10 it at least gets to half way or close. I have his location so i kept checking to see what places he was going to apply to cause he wasn’t answering my messages. I go to check and see that he’s at some house for about 3 hours and I’m like wtf. I keep calm cause I’m at work and I don’t want to just assume. He picks me up and I ask him where he go? and why was he at some house for 3 hours. He says it was his friend’s that he hadn’t seen in years and they just talked. And I was like “ alright. Well where did you go apply to?” And he said “ he didn’t go anywhere, cause he was nervous” and then I checked the gas tank and it was almost empty! And I went off! I was like “ where the fuck did you go? I gave you 10 damn dollars for gas! There’s no way in hell you just blew half tank in 4 hours. Did you put in 5 and then kept the other 5? Did you buy food?” I was so irritated. He just says that he drove around. But it doesn’t even add up at all so I just stopped talking cause I knew that if I kept going I was going to say shit that I wouldn’t mean. I’m shaking out anger. So I dropped him off and I went home. Am I like overreacting or nah?