Beauty products - what can you use?

Julie

My friend told me last night I can’t use salicylic acid for acne anymore.. and sure enough she was right! Fortunately I only use it topically and that appears to be less dangerous than the oral medication so I likely haven’t caused any damage.. but yeesh! What else can’t you use?

I hate waiting for the doctors appointment knowing there’s so many things that pregnant women should avoid. Lots of them are common sense... but not everything.

What other beauty products are you avoiding? I’ve stopped salicylic acid and hydroquinone. I use a lot of origins products... going to do some research on ingredients to make sure they’re all safe. I’ve read contradicting things about hair dye and nail polish. I did dye my hair about one week after conception before I knew I was pregnant but hopefully that’ll be okay. I have toenail polish on right now, not sure if I have take it off or let it grow out. Is nail polish remover more or less dangerous ham nail polish.

Also...I can’t be the only one wondering why all this stuff is “fine” for me but bad for the baby! Kinda scary!