Boyfriend broke up with me.

Courtney • ER nurse. Photographer. Blessed by the best.

So my boyfriend broke up with me. Yes on New Year's <a href="https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.glow.android.eve">Eve</a>. We've been together for more than a year. He says we have to focus on us before we can be a couple again and we should try being friends. But I don't know. I still love him. What would y'all do? Do you try to get over him? If so how..? Or I just don't know how to feel. Tell me what y'all would do.

Update: the thing is. He's my best friend. And I don't know who to talk to about any of this. About what I'm feeling. I haven't slept. I haven't eaten. I've just been in bed lying there watching the light fade in and out of my window.

He says the reason is to focus on us more and college so we'll know who we are. And then maybe after being friends and getting to know each other for a while, and after college, we'll be able to again. Maybe. But I just want to be with him now. And there's nothing I can do about it. I just don't know why we can't figure these things out together...